Intuitive Safety and Productivity Underground
Wear Your Real-Time Operational Intelligence
The Connected Miner is built using the Connected Worker suite of software tools. It provides the right information to underground miners at the right time, preventing accidents, errors and downtime. We use the smart watch as the hub of real-time communications between miners and the people and equipment in their environment.
Connected Miner's open platform allows Operations Management to have integrated 3D visualization of people, sensors and vehicles underground. It adds an extra dimension to safety, communications and control. All events, and their associated context, are logged for analysis. Using Connected Miner, mining companies can optimize production, and keep their workers safe.
“Wearables are an exciting new technology arena with significant promise to take safety in industrial environments to the next level. Vandrico’s team is leading the way with unmatched Wearables expertise, an open systems platform and an agile approach.”
— Angela - Health Safety and Environmental Committee, Association for Mineral Exploration BC
Real-time Dashboard for Short Interval Control
- 3D Visualization of People, Sensors and Vehicles
- Know where all your important assets are. Have two-way communication with your team in real time and control sensors remotely. Operations managers can engage in real-time issue resolution and trigger alerts in critical situations.
- Automated Evacuation Alerts
- Set thresholds on air flow, gas and seismic sensors for automated communication to those affected, in real time.
- Virtual Barricades
- Add safety redundancy to your physical barricades using virtual barricades that will alert miners upon unsafe approach.
- Lone Worker
- Track and schedule individuals for regular safety check-ins and configure escalation procedures for missed check-ins. Panic button plus location information trigger appropriate emergency procedures.
- Real-Time Safety Reminders & Safety Forensics Logs
- Enhance your safety training by sending individuals step-by-step safety procedure checklists triggered by location, event or time. Locations, people and interactions are all logged; analysis will inform procedural and training updates required.
- Real-Time Incident Reporting
- Enable miners to report any injuries or safety incidents in real time. This allows for real-time triggering of maintenance dispatch as well as image capturing of more complex problems.
- Allow Miners to leave 'mementos' (location-based voice or text messages) for other workers. For example, a geologist can label a heading as "Ore" or "Waste" and other workers will receive that memento when they arrive.
- Automated Coordination of Work Orders
- Avoid idle time by automating work flows between mucking, bolting, drilling and blasting. Connected Miner tracks the work being done by a given worker and knows when the job is complete.
Connected Miner is built on the Connected Worker Software Suite and can be hosted on your private network. It uses open standard RESTful API to support ongoing innovation. For technical details, please contact us.